Saturday, August 27, 2016

Happy Thoughts Coming Your Way!

 
 I am sure we all want to get the most out of our stamps. That's why I decided to use this Christmas set to make a happy everyday card. This way you can see it's versatility!

So here is my happy card. Everyone needs to be cheered up once in awhile.

The stamps are from two different sets that are offered by Flourishes...
Glory to God
glory to god
and
Happy Thoughts
I randomed stamped the background here and there with the flower from Glory to God, using Versamark Ink, then clear embossed it. I then rubbed ink all the card face using Old Paper Distress Ink.

I repeated this process two more times, using darker inks as I went. I used Crushed Olive and then stamped with Peacock Feathers Distress Inks. Using a baby wipe, I removed any ink residue from the embosses images.

I cut a piece of vellum, using Flourishes, "Perfectly Pierced Classic Hourglass Die Set."

Perfectly Pierced Classic Hourglass Die Set
I stamped the two mirror image flowers from the Christmas set onto the Vellum with Olive CTMH ink. I also used CTMH black ink to stamp the sentiment from the Happy Thoughts set.

I love brads, even though they have been around forever! Gold cardstock was used to mat the background.  Another neat trick I just love using is to melt ribbon to give it an aged look. I melted this organza ribbon with my heat tool and attached it with glue dots.

Finally, a tiny bit of gold Stickles was used to speckle the background, along with some
metallic gold oil pastels, which I rubbed around some of the flower images.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Be very sure to follow Flourisheslc.com, as my stamp sets will be released later in September!





1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - this is a pretty card! Thanks for joining our colour challenge over at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog this week - good luck! Please join us again soon.
    love
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete